The Appliance Warehouse case study is designed to practice systems analysis and design skills using a life-like scenario. Appliance Warehouse is facing a big business change: create a Service Department as one of their product offerings.
They need you, the new systems analyst, to help them. You have been tasked to help develop a technological solution to help schedule service appointments and integrate it with existing systems. As a newly hired analyst, you report to Carlie Davis, the IT manager, who will guide you through the steps of this project.
In the MindTap simulation environment, you will see email examples to your (simulated) Appliance Warehouse email inbox. These simulated emails will contain instructions for each session, and you will consult the Appliance Warehouse’s resource libraries and website for additional information.
You will complete several weekly individual assignments based on this case study as well as the Signature Assignment: Case Study: Appliance Warehouse Services – Application Maintenance assignment in Week 5.
For this week’s assignment, be sure to refer to the Appliance Warehouse Resources: Organizational Staffing Document, Appliance Warehouse website, Historical Analysis Phase Durations spreadsheet.
In MindTap, review the Appliance Warehouse Case, and do the following:
- Read the Before You Begin Message and the Module 1-3 Appliance Warehouse Webmail Client Emails. Read the messages to help determine the tasks you must complete.
- Review and analyze the weekly Appliance Warehouse case study content and resources.
- Create a 2- to 3-page document (to submit in Blackboard) that includes the following:
- An Organization Chart to support the Appliance Warehouse case study
- The SWOT Analysis diagram you performed and created to support the Appliance Warehouse case study
- The Mission Statement to support the Appliance Warehouse case study
- The Problem/Opportunity Statement to support the Appliance Warehouse case study
- Submit your document.